and then she said...

Friday, March 10, 2006

Nearing the end

My aunt decided last night that she did not want the ventilator. Well, she decided with the help of my uncle and cousins - they decided as a family that they needed to let go. The hospital is trying to stabilize her so that she can go home to die. They are hoping to send her home today with hospice. Part of me is glad that her pain will stop, but another part of me is having such a hard time knowing that she will never grow old with her husband. My heart hurts for my uncle, they have been each others everything since they were teenagers. Now he will have to complete his life without her.

Although, my one aunt is still driving me nuts with this benefit, it makes me cherish family more. You never know how much time you will have with them. I will miss my aunt Rhonda so much. However, I am thankful that she will finally be out of pain. Living the life she has had to live for the last few years have had to be unbearable. I am glad that she was able to see what she means to everyone and how much she is loved.

I am worried for my son right now. He talks a lot about death. He keeps saying to me "We are both too young to die, right mom?", and then follows up with, "we will be together always, right mom?". It breaks my heart, I say yes to both questions - even though I probably should not. I can not even start to explain why certain people do die so young, because I have no idea.

On a positive note, he stated to play biddy basketball. It is quite entertaining. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post some of him playing.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger .:mts:. said...

Keep your chin up, sweetie pie! (((((hugs)))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blingo