and then she said...

Monday, March 13, 2006

Saying Goodbye

My aunt passed away early on Saturday morning. Part of me is so terrible sad and another part relieved she is out of pain. Yesterday we went and spent some time with my uncle to make sure him and his boys were ok. One of the donations of the benefit was a free family photo. My uncle picked up the picture and showed it to us. You could see the pain, you could see it in her eyes and in the way she was sitting. I don't think any of us had any idea just how much pain she was in. My uncle said something very moving to my sister "she has been my best friend for 26 years, what am I going to do now..." It would be so hard to lose someone that has been your one and only for so long.

I think of the kids and how they will never be able to hug their mom again, talk with her about life and can not imagine not being able to see my mom and talk to her. I have already had more years with my mother then they had. The four boys are becoming closer. They are staying together in my uncles home, being a family, eating together, talking together, crying together.

In less then a week we will be having the benefit for her. It will be harder without her here. She asked that the benefit be a celebration of her life. She asked to be cremated and did not want a funeral. My uncle will have a memorial for her in April, she asked that he wait a month. I am unsure why, but like my uncle said this is the last thing that he can do for her and that is what he is going to do.

Death is such a weird thing. It doesn't really feel any different, but when I think that I will never see her again, I will never laugh with her again, it makes me oh so sad.

Let's change the subject, because I have seen the difficulties of not being able to conceive and losing children through miscarriages I wanted to link a site because everyone deserves a prayer. Please put these people in your thoughts and wish them well. I hope that everything turns out well for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blingo